As a Development Engineer, you will research, analyze and integrate complex Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I) systems. Your responsibilities will include interpreting program and engineering requirements to establish technical objectives and reviewing design data and documentation to ensure systems provide required capabilities. In addition, you will be asked to provide guidance to staff and management regarding selection and acquisition of C4I systems.
All Engineering positions require a minimum of a BS in an engineering discipline from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees The criteria for a HIGHLY QUALIFIED Development Engineer candidate requires demonstrated experience and knowledge in the following area, especially as related to computer software and hardware for C4I systems:
- Authoring reports and presenting briefings to senior personnel and internal and external audiences on a routine basis.
- Multiple areas of engineering and technical functions in support of systems acquisition activities related to C4I systems, including integrated product development and associated functions (e.g., development, planning, integration, etc.).
- Preparing technical presentations about systems – ranging from medium- to high-level complexity – for government and/or private industry.
- Leading technical teams that deal with government and/or industry.
- Extensive experience performing complex software engineering studies and analyses, and managing resultant actions.
- Interacting on a regular basis with peers and senior staff and external organizations.
U.S. citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance required.