As a Financial Specialist, you will perform various financial management functions that are imperative to our mission. You will be asked to provide technical expertise involving formulation, justification and/or execution of budgets, cost estimates, cost analyses and earned value management.
Whether working with organizations, programs or projects, you’ll support SMC by ensuring that strategic goals, programs and projects, set by management and outlined in business plans, are adhered to. You’ll work on integrated product teams with other incredibly talented professionals, and may get the opportunity to lead certain projects.
To qualify for this position, you must possess at least one year of related experience that includes skills analyzing, combining and consolidating budget estimates into budget documents reflecting the balanced, multi-year funding needs of an organization.
The criteria for a HIGHLY QUALIFIED Financial Specialist require at least four years demonstrated, significant knowledge and experience with the following:
- A full range of financial services in a variety of government acquisition fund types
- Applying Fiscal Law and Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) rules processes, tenets, and guidance in accordance with government practices, statutes, regulations, policies, and procedures in acquiring government acquisition programs
- Researching and analyzing government acquisition processes, subjects and data
- Preparing detailed program plans and reports
- Developing and recommending procedures or corrective action to higher management
- Proficiency in using automated tools, models and techniques
- Planning and accomplishing tasks, meeting schedules and deadlines within fiscal constraints, sometimes in a team setting
- Communicating results to higher management, orally and in writing
U.S. citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance required.