Federal Career Benefits Are First Rate
As a civilian employee of the U.S. Air Force, you'll have access to exceptional federal benefits with a variety of plan options that often exceed those offered in the private sector. In addition, you'll have a competitive salary, flexible work schedules, continuous learning opportunities, and paid time off to help you construct a good work-life balance. Working at SMC, the benefits listed below start the minute you do:
- Career Advancement supported by training opportunities and programs
- Tuition Assistance available
- Retirement: With our Thrift Savings Plan (TSP), you can build your retirement income through a program similar to a 401(k) and Social Security. TSP savings and tax benefits are as beneficial if not more so than those in the private sector, and you are fully vested right away; from the time you register, you can participate in TSP.
- Health Benefits: This program offers numerous plan choices to help you meet health care needs. Payroll deductions and the option to use pre-tax dollars make up this plan that covers you and your family. Coverage begins as soon as you register for benefits.
- Dental & Vision Insurance: If you participate in this program, you and your family members will be covered by group supplemental dental and vision insurance coverage. Seven plans are available, and your premiums may be withheld from your salary on a pre-tax basis.
- Life Insurance: Eligible employees will receive basic life insurance and three types of optional life insurance at attractive group rates — and most employees can continue their coverage after retirement.
- Long Term Care: This program helps pay for long term care services, such as home care or care in a nursing home or assisted living facility. It's the kind of care you would need to help you perform daily activities if you had an ongoing illness or disability.
- Flexible Spending Account: You can set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for some of your medical and dependent care expenses.
For more detailed information on benefits, visit OPM's benefits page.